TKK | Networking Laboratory | Studies
New Internet technologies and services generate new types of regulatory challenges. The purpose of this seminar is to better understand the existing and future regulation of Internet broadly including wireline and wireless, access and content. Participants will take a given topic and initial source material, perform a small individual literature study, and then report findings in written and oral format. This seminar is mainly targeted to students majoring in telecom management or networking business, but other students are also welcome.
The autumn 2007 seminar is managed by professor Heikki Hämmäinen. Please contact the course assistant Antero Kivi for any immediate queries.
Please register via the TOPI system, or in case of trouble via e-mail.
- Writing and presenting a seminar paper, revising the paper according to seminar session feedback
- Preparing summaries of all the other papers before the seminar session
- Attending all seminar sessions and participating in discussion at the sessions
- Submitting material conforming to the provided templates before the respective deadlines
- Passing the final exam
ICT Regulation Toolkit
Lecture slides of Mr. Olli Pitkänen
Seminar sessions will be organized in room D302, from Sep 24 until Oct 22 with the following schedule:
First session: Mon 24.9. at 15:15-17:15
Theory lecture: Wed 3.10. at 15:15-17:15
Seminar session: Mon 15.10. at at 15:15-18:15
Final exam: Mon 22.10. at at 15:15-18:15
Grading is done on a scale from 0 to 5.
Seminar paper + presentation (40% of grade)
Final exam (40% of grade)
Paper summaries (20% of grade)
All topics focus on Internet-related services:
1. Regulatory Issues of International Roaming
2. Regulatory Issues of Mobile and Fixed VoIP
3. Content Regulation: Internet Search
4. Content Regulation: IP-Based TV
5. Content Regulation: User Location
6. Secondary Trading of Spectrum
7. Value of Spectrum
8. Net Neutrality
A link to the feedback form will be provided later.
Networking laboratory is now part of Department of Communications and Networking. Content on this page may be obsolete.
Check MyCourses for upto date information about cources.
This page is maintained by
Last update on the page 05.11.2007 10:53.
[ TKK > Electrical and Communications Engineering > Networking Laboratory > Studies ]