Single Server Queue
This applet demonstrates the single server queuing system, where the server is cabable of doing one unit of work per one unit of time.
- In first window you can see arriving customers:
- Interarrival times have either exponential (M) or constant (D) distribution.
- Also the service request sizes have either exponential (M) or constant (D) distribution.
- The narrow window represents the queue to which the arriving customers enter. The amount of unfinished work in the queue is shown by the variable column.
- The third window represents the history of the unfinished work.
- The window on the right gives the queue length distribution. More precisely, what is shown is the fraction of time the unfinished work in the queue is above the specified levels.
Back to java demos page.
|Esa Hyytiä, 1999.|