MobileP2P - Project Overview
MobileP2P is a two-year project, started in 2005.
Research topics and objectives
In this project we are going to work towards the following objectives:
Objective 1: Business analysis
Identify and resolve key business issues affecting mobile peer-to-peer services.
- Understand and analyze the impact of peer-to-peer services on the mobile market and its value chain.
- Identify some key application scenarios that are likely to be attractive to users.
- Analyze business scenarios of multicast content distribution.
- Propose pricing models for mobile peer-to-peer services.
Objective 2: Technical development and implementation
The list of publications produced in the project is available
Identify and resolve key technical issues related to mobility management in peer-to-peer services subject to bandwidth and power consumption constraints
- Analyze requirements of peer-to-peer applications in the cellular networks.
- Develop a search algorithm that is suitable for the mobile environment
- Identify and specify possible required extensions to SIP for the purpose of P2P application development.
- Identify and specify approaches to utilize the additional wireless networks (WLAN and BT) with which a powerful mobile device has connectivity.
- Identify and specify approaches to utilize multicast and broadcast technologies (IPDC/DVB-H and MBMS) in mobile peer-to-peer networks.
Implement a P2P application tuned to the mobile environment, using the SIP protocol for content location, and efficient download schemes with load balancing and support of multiply sources.
Measure and analyze network load, response time, hop count and success rate of queries as well as memory, battery, and CPU usage. Compare different search and download algorithms.
Tietoverkkolaboratorio on nyt osa Tietoliikenne- ja tietoverkkotekniikan
laitosta. Tällä sivulla oleva tieto voi olla