The research objectives include
- evaluation of IP switching architectures and adaptive resource allocation algorithms based on simulations
- feasibility of a IP network measurement, simulation and design tool with emphasis on application of adaptive algorithms
- experiments and measurements exploring the performance requirements and potential of the different solutions and algorithms
- distributed IP switching
- fault-tolerance implications of IP switching
- modelling IP switching networks for analysis and management purposes
- resource management in IP switching networks in different levels of dynamism
- route configuration management in IP switching networks
- multicast traffic in IP switched networks
- design of IP switching networks.
Voice over IP
Voice applications in the Internet set an urgent requirement for service and network interoperability and convergence of ISDN and the Internet. Issues like quality of voice over IP, mapping the different addresses, routing and billing need to be addressed. We also need to study application of some of the Internet/PNNI routing concepts in ISDN networks. In order to get to the fundamental interoperability issues a base knowledge needs to be built about Voice over Internet applications, gateways etc.
The objectives include
- building a hardware and software base of voice over IP products
- setting up experiments with voice over IP and measurements
- analysing traffic characteristics of the voice protocols
- getting a call through a voice over IP/ISDN gateway - understanding basics for service interoperability
- defining and analysing a routing protocol based solution for service interoperability
- application of the protocol in ISDN/IN networks for number portability.
Tietoverkkolaboratorio on nyt osa Tietoliikenne- ja tietoverkkotekniikan
laitosta. Tällä sivulla oleva tieto voi olla