TKK | Tietoverkkolaboratorio | Tutkimus
MobileMan is a three year (Oct. 2002 - Sep. 2005) research project in the
area of Ad Hoc Networks for a Metropolitan Area. MobileMan is funded by the
European Commission under the "Information Society Technologies" programme.
The project is a collaboration effort of several universities:
The project is led by Prof.
Raimo Kantola. The project is focused on Routing and Service Discovery in Ad
The international project home page is located at http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/mobileMAN/
- Jose Costa-Requena, Mohammad Ayyash,Jarrod Creado, Jarkko Hakkinen, Raimo Kantola and Nicklas Beijar:"VoIP Testbed in Ad Hoc Networks", REALMAN05, IEEE ICPS Workshop on Multi-hop Ad hoc Networks: from theory to reality.http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/realman/docs/REALMAN05_proceedings.pdf
- Jose Costa-Requena,Raimo Kantola and Nicklas Beijar:"Incentive Problem for Ad Hoc Networks Scalability", ICAS'05 and ICNS'05.http://www.iaria.org/conferences/ICAS&ICNS05.html
- Jose Costa-Requena J., Jorge Nuevo, Raimo Kantola and J. Grégoire,"Strategies For Creating A Service Distribution Backbone In Ad Hoc Networks", IASTED 2004, USA, November 2004.http://www.iasted.org/
- Jose Costa-Requena,Raimo Kantola, Nicklas Beijar, Juan Gutierrez and Jarrod Creado:"Network architecture for scalable Ad Hoc Networks", ICT 2004, Brasil, August 2004.http://www.ict2004.com.br/index.shtml/
- Jose Costa Requena, Raimo Kantola, Nicklas Beijar: "Mobility and Network
Management in Ad Hoc Networks", IASTED International Conference, Communication
Systems and Networks (CSN 2002), September 9-12, 2002, Málaga, Spain. http://www.iasted.org/conferences/2002/spain/csn.htm
- Jose Costa Requena, Nicklas Beijar, Raimo Kantola: "Replication of Routing
Tables for Mobility Management in Ad Hoc Networks", Med-hoc-net 2002,
September 4-6, 2002, Chia, Italy. Full paper
- Juan Gutierrez Plaza: "Design and Implementation of the OLSR Protocol in
an Ad Hoc Framework", October 2003. Full thesis
- Lei Xiao: "Design and Implementation of an Ad Hoc Routing Framework",
March 2003. Full thesis
DownloadsNOTE: At present, the following Download links are
Tips - Hints
Installing & Configuring GNU/Linux in an iPAQ 3950, Juan
Gutierrez Plaza, March 2003.
environmentThe project is carried out by the HUT Networking Laboratory. We
are building a test bed for studying new routing algorithms (including location
information and other enhancements) that suits for medium to large Ad Hoc
networks. The outcome of the project is to provide a vertical solution for Ad
Hoc networks covering routing, addressing and service discovery mechanisms. We
have built the preliminary testbed implementing an Ad Hoc framework over iPAQ
(3850 and 3900).
opportunitiesThere are potential employment opportunities and thesis topics
related to the project. If you have any interests, please contact Prof. Raimo Kantola or Jose Costa.
- Summer Job, special assignment
- M.Sc (Ph.D) Thesis topics